With over 200 sessions, the summit will cover topics from early warning action, food and water security and gender, to climate displacement, sustainability and greening. Speakers include scientists, ministers, CEOs and people living in remote communities and driving climate change initiatives.
Among the speakers are:
- His Royal Highness The Prince of Wales
- Sheikh Hasina, Prime Minister of Bangladesh
- Mary Robinson, Chair of The Elders and Adjunct Professor for Climate Justice in Trinity College Dublin
- Debra Roberts, Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change co-chair of working group, head of the Sustainable and Resilient City Initiatives
- Sofia Hernandez from Fridays for Future, Costa Rica
- Tarcila Rivera Zea, Quechua activist, member of the United Nations Permanent Forum on Indigenous Issues
Join in to hear about new ideas and climate projects and vote for your favourites; discuss solutions with people working for the climate; meet people from all around the globe in virtual coffee chats; take a virtual tour of a climate project; and more.
Our own Australian Red Cross experts feature in a number of the sessions including:
- 10.15pm – 11.30pm (ASET) From ambition to action to impact: How the Red Cross Red Crescent can make a difference in the Climate Crisis. Speakers include Judy Slatyer.
- 9am – 10am How Indigenous communities respond to Climate Change. Speakers include Jenny Brown and Lee Prouse.
- 10am – 11.30am Humanitarian Diplomacy and climate policy. Hosted by Fiona Tarpey.
- 10am – 11.30am Understanding the long-term impacts of bushfires and applying this knowledge to disaster risk reduction frameworks. Speaker John Richardson.
- 1pm – 2.30pm Science to services to decisions in the Pacific. Hosted by Veronica Bell.
- 1pm – 2.30pm Locally led humanitarian response in the face of climate change, natural disasters and COVID-19 in Australia and the Pacific. Hosted by Fiona Tarpey.
- 3pm – 3.30pm Sea, Sand, Sound and Heat – Climate and the natural world. Featuring Mahendra Samarawickrama.
- 5pm - 6.30pm Notre Dame vs Amazon Rainforest: Great Climate Comms. Speakers include Susan Cullinan and Zayne D’Crus
All times are AEST/Sydney time.
Red Cross and Red Crescent societies around the world help their communities manage climate and weather-related disasters and crises. As the risks increase, we are scaling up our collective climate action.