Red Cross WA will showcase opportunities for humanitarian action at an expo at the Leederville Town Hall on 14 May.
Red Cross WA Advisory Board chair Aisling Blackmore said the expo would be a tribute to volunteers, members and staff, and an opportunity for the public to learn about how they could take humanitarian actions.
“We know that many people want to take humanitarian action and make positive contributions to society, but they don’t always know where to start,” Ms Blackmore said. “Our expo will feature actions large and small, with something to suit everyone.”
The event, from 2-5pm on 14 May, follows World Red Cross Day (8 May), which acknowledges the humanitarian work of the Red Cross movement across the world.
“The expo is a thank you event open to all our volunteers, members, and staff, and is open to community members who would like to learn about the work of Red Cross,” Ms Blackmore said.
The expo will showcase activities and programs including:
• The Pillowcase Program, which helps children prepare for, cope with and respond to emergencies
• The REDIPLAN emergency preparedness toolkit
• Information about the importance and relevance of international humanitarian law
• Lifeblood’s important work and how you can be involved
• Red Cross membership and community action
• Roundtable conversations with people from all walks of life with a range of experiences that can help people find a humanitarian path with Red Cross.
Full details can be found at the registrations page: https://www.eventbrite.com.au/e/red-cross-expo-perth-registration-319400675017.