Did you know that 1 in 3 of us will need blood in our lifetime but only 1 in 30 people donate? And that every donation can save up to 3 lives! In Australia, a new donor is needed every 5 minutes. If you’ve never donated blood before, or have not donated for a while, now’s the time to do it.
You can also donate your plasma. Plasma is a part of your blood that can be used in 18 different life changing ways! Australian Red Cross Lifeblood have donor centres across Australia. Bookings are essential.
Steps to take action
- To check your eligibility, register and make an appointment, go to lifeblood.com.au, call 131 495 or download the free DonateBlood App from the App Store or Google Play.
- Attend your appointment, donate and feel super happy - you've just saved up to three lives!
- Take a selfie and share your donation experience on social media to raise awareness.
- You can make a blood donation every 12 weeks, and you can donate plasma every 2 weeks!
- Find out if you are eligible to give blood with the eligibility quiz on the life blood website