The following grants closed on 31 December 2020.
- Emergency grant for people who have lost their homes
- Injury grant for people hospitalised due to the fires
- Primary residence repair grant for home owner-occupiers whose homes were structurally damaged
- Re-establishment grant for people who lost their primary place of residence.
If you have any questions about these grants please contact our bushfire grants team.
Additional support grant
This grant is for people who have already received a Red Cross grant, and who are on low incomes and experiencing financial hardship.
The final round of this grant will be open for application in February 2021.
This grant is for people who:
- have received one of our previous bushfire grants, and
- are receiving government assistance that demonstrates low income (i.e. a health care, pensioner or disability card), and
- are still in financial hardship.
The amount we can pay each eligible applicant will vary depending on people’s individual needs, the number of people who apply, and the funds we have left.
How the grant can help
This grant can help with a range of costs related to the bushfires. These could be:
- additional rebuilding or re-establishment costs
- basic necessities like groceries, utility bills or school fees
- further repairs to make homes safe to live in
- clearing unsafe and bushfire-damaged trees on your property
- ongoing out-of-pocket medical costs
- other costs related to individual circumstances due to the bushfires.
Read our latest bushfire report for updates.