Australian Red Cross has upgraded the First Aid & Mental Health training management system to provide clients with a more streamlined, efficient system in which to manage all training requirements. Outlined here are guides on how to access the portal and FAQs on how the system works.
Key benefits of the new system
- Customer-centric dynamic digital system
- Improved course search function
- ‘Places remaining’ indicated on all courses
- Simplified online booking and enrolment process
- Learner porter for students
- Assessments completed online
- Digital certificates
- Online enquiries for group bookings
- Individual Client and Student portals
- Easy to find, access and manage learning, training, assessments and resources for students
- Notification system
Learner Portal guide
- Open the Learner Portal.
- Enter your username and password. (If you have not received your login, contact us: firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Select Log In
Update your personal details
- Select the PROFILE icon
- Select My Profile Settings
- Update your details as required
- Select Save changes
Update your password
- Select the PROFILE icon
- Select Change My Password
- Enter your current password
- Enter your new password
- Re-enter your new password to confirm
- Select Update
View your calendar
The calendar lets you to view your training
- Select the calendar icon
- Select Open Calendar
- Select the training to view details
View course information
- All courses you are enrolled in will be displayed on your home page.
- Selecting a course will display information about the course and enrolment. From here, you can view the details of the course and progress as well as access course-related materials including assessments.
Select the relevant course and then select the Assessments tab.
You can see assessments to do, submitted assessments waiting to be marked and the results of marked assessments. Assessments will be available on the day of your course.
- Select a course you are enrolled in
- Select the Assessments tab
- Select an assessment to open it
Log in/password to access system
An email is sent to all clients and students with log in details and password.
If you don’t receive this, please check your junk mail folder. The email will be from Axcelerate (the training management platform). If you can’t find it then please contact us by email or call 1800 733 276.
Online enrolments, assessments and digital certificates
The Red Cross training management system is 100% paperless. Not only does this support our environment, it also simplifies the process and makes the distribution of information, including certificates, much faster.
We recognise that some students will need support using the system, please let us know if you do.
Students will complete an online assessment during the training course or, if this is not possible, they will need to complete the online assessment within 48 hours after training has completed.
Booking a First Aid & Mental Health Course
Public bookings – Direct from the website or by emailing Red Cross Customer Care Team (email@example.com)
Private bookings – By email to your Business Development Manager or the Red Cross Customer Care Team (firstname.lastname@example.org)
To make a booking :
- Got to First Aid and Mental Health Training
- Search By Location
- Choose state
- Choose venue
- Select View Courses
- ‘More Information’ on the course you want
- Select Book
Confirmation of course booking
Confirmation and login link for the Learner Portal portal is sent directly to the students and also sent to the corporate client.
Student information required to book a course
- Student name
- USI number (USI numbers are easy to get at www.usi.gov.au)
- Date of birth
- Individual student email address (Required because students use this email to login and access assessments as part of the course)
All students are required to complete a digital pre-enrolment. Students login on their student portal and then need to personalize their password.
First Aid skills assessment
This is completed digitally in-class by the individual by logging in to the Student Portal. Students use their own phone, tablet or laptop.
An attendance record is emailed to the designated contact after course delivery.
Students receive their certificates via their Student Portal on completion of their course.
A copy of the certificate is sent to the designated client contact.
An invoice will be issued after course delivery either on a course-by-course basis, or monthly as per agreement.
Client Training Management Portal
Each client has a secure portal to manage training with Red Cross.
Clients have greater control over enrolling employees into private and public courses by accessing the portal.
Past and upcoming bookings made with Red Cross are visible in the portal.
Authorised users can run and download reports on bookings, attendance, finance, contacts, completions, certificates and much more. Reports can be generated from the client portal or automated to send regular reports.
The portal allows instant updates on employee contacts, thus minimises going through indirect channel, e.g., sending an email or calling our hotline
Employees can be directly enrolled onto public courses or onto pre-arranged private group training sessions.
Employee training progress and issued certificates can be accessed.
Employee records are stored in their individual profiles, saving time in collecting data and contact information each time employees are rebooked.
The Client Portal can be configured to include your logo.
For further support please contact us: email@example.com 1800 733 276