Learn how to perform CPR on a baby who is unresponsive and not breathing
If a baby is not moving and does not respond when you call them or tap their foot, they are unresponsive.
1. Check for breathing by tilting their head back and looking and feeling for breaths. Find out what to do if they are breathing.
2. Call 000. If you are on your own, call 000 after you’ve spent one minute giving them rescue breaths and chest compressions.
3. Give five rescue breaths. Tilt their head back, seal your mouth over their mouth and nose. Blow five times into the baby.
4. Give 30 chest compressions. Push firmly in the middle of their chest with two fingers so that the check goes inward, then release.
5. Give two rescue breaths. Continue with cycles of 30 check compressions and two rescue breaths until help arrives.