Meeting once a year at the Annual General Meeting, the Council's responsibilities include receiving reports and financial statements and electing and appointing Office Bearers and Additional Board Members. The Council is made up of the President and 53 voting members, including all members of the Australian Red Cross Board, up to six Special Councillors and 32 members elected or appointed by the Divisional Advisory Boards (DABs) of each state and territory, one of whom must be a youth member from each state and territory.
The Membership of the Council
Updated October 2021.
Australian Red Cross Board Members
Special Councillors: Michael Legge, John Pinney, Diane Buckles and Anne Macarthur
Council members appointed or elected by each Divisional Advisory Board:
- ACT Division: Wendy Prowse, Ritu Clementi, Noel Thilakan, Philip Kimpton and Emily Michell
- NSW Division: John Scott Maclennan, Sally Dwyer, Kerrie Gray, Nick Young and Olivia Lennon
- NT Division: Kathleen Cole, Tanyah Nasir, Georgia Hagias, Devendra Patel and Tarn Kaldor
- QLD Division: Winifred Smith, Gavin Scott, Dr Rain Liivoja, Shannon Bowe and Hayley Payne
- SA Division: Keith Wilson, Val Smyth PSM, Rose Rhodes PSM, Bruce March PSM and Anita Chaplin
- TAS Division: Rita Richards, Frances Maxwell, Janet Carty, Christopher Williams and Mia Arnott
- VIC Division: Dr Garry Nolan AM, Bianca Goebel, Tina Hosseini, Elizabeth Grant and Eksath Bhareti
- WA Division: Aisling Blackmore, Lara Pratt, Karyn Collins and Kathryn Sharpe