Become an op shop volunteer
Join the thousands of Red Cross op shop volunteers across Australia! Become a part of the world's largest humanitarian organisation while developing new skills and making a difference in a whole new way.
Red Cross charity shops sell donated clothing, accessories and homewares to raise funds to support the everyday work of Red Cross. Each year, Red Cross Shops rescue 450 tonnes of clothing from landfill, give opportunities to 4,400 volunteers, and contribute more than five million dollars a year to help fund Red Cross community programs. From daily phone calls to the elderly, clean water and sanitation for poor communities in the Asia-Pacific region, or youth homelessness, our shops help change lives.
More reasons for volunteering in a charity shop
- Learn new skills in retail
- Add new volunteering experience to your resume
- Connect with your community
- Make new friends with dedicated volunteers and staff
- Receive great discounts
- Have fun with fashion!
Do any of these sound like you?
- "I was looking for a fun way to spend some free time"
- "I'd like to get some retail experience to help me get a job"
- "I'm new in town and want to make friends"
- "Now that I'm retired, I'd like to help out a worthwhile cause"
- "My English is not so great, volunteering helps me to improve"
- "I love recycle shopping so it's great to get the volunteer discount!"