As a registered Red Cross fundraiser, you must adhere to the following terms and conditions. Failure to conduct third party fundraising activities in accordance with these terms and conditions may result in you being de-registered as a Red Cross fundraiser and prevented from conducting further third-party fundraising activities on behalf of Red Cross.
"Advertisers" means third party operated websites.
"Fundraiser/Fundraising Event" means the act of holding an event or activity with the intention of raising funds for Red Cross.
"Fundraiser Welcome Kit" means the promotional material provided to a Registered Fundraiser to use in planning and running their Fundraising Event , a Letter of Authority to fundraise, a receipt booklet and a donation box or secure collection bucket.
"Letter of Authority" means the letter issued to a Registered Fundraiser by Red Cross authorizing them to conduct a Fundraising Event for Red Cross.
"Linked Sites" means third party operated hyperlinks.
"Register/Registering/Registered" means completing the Fundraising registration form either on paper and returning it by mail or email or by registering as a Host over the telephone or online at www.redcross.org.au/fundraise-for-us or www.redcrossfundraising.org.au
"We/Australian Red Cross/Red Cross/Promoter" means Australian Red Cross Society ABN 50 169 561 394. Address: 23–47 Villiers St, North Melbourne VIC 3051, Phone: 1800 RED CROSS (733 276), Website: www.redcross.org.au. Charity Mail Number: 10100009.
"You"/ "Your"/ "Registered Fundraiser" means a person who has completed in full the Fundraising registration form to conduct a Fundraising Event for Red Cross, and returned it to Red Cross by post or email or who has completed the registration form online at www.redcross.org.au/fundraise-for-us or www.redcrossfundraising.org.au, or who has provided their details to a Red Cross representative over the telephone.
1. In order to conduct a Fundraising Event for Red Cross You must be a Registered Fundraiser and have an official Letter of Authority issued by Red Cross for your Fundraising Event. This is required by law in most States and Territories in Australia and is a requirement of fundraising for Australian Red Cross.
2. Registrations can be made via phone 1800 RED CROSS (733 276), post Reply Paid 84694, GPO Box 4343, Melbourne VIC 3001, online at www.redcross.org.au/fundraise-for-us and www.redcrossfundraising.org.au or by email to email@example.com
3. www.redcross.org.au/fundraise-for-us and www.redcrossfundraising.org.au are owned and operated by Red Cross.
4. Red Cross manages Fundraising on behalf of all state-based Red Cross offices and branches.
5. Red Cross will not accept registrations from people residing in a country outside of Australia.
6. People residing outside Australia can make online donations or sponsor a friend in Australia who is fundraising on behalf of Red Cross. All donations will be accepted if in collaboration with supporting a Red Cross Fundraising Event.
7. The person whose name appears on the registration form and Letter of Authority to fundraise is the Registered Fundraiser, which makes them solely accountable for managing the Fundraising Event in an appropriate and responsible way. This includes deciding on the Fundraising Event date, venue, activity and any associated costs in running the event. The Registered Fundraiser must notify Red Cross of any changes to their Fundraising Event in advance and must only fundraise for the period of time authorised by Red Cross.
8. Registered Fundraisers agree to pay all costs involved with running their Fundraising Event. Fundraising Event costs are at the discretion of the Registered Fundraiser. Red Cross will not reimburse any person/s for any Fundraising Event associated costs.
9. The Registered Fundraiser must keep records of income and expenditure, and may deduct any essential costs of organising the Fundraising Event, as long as they are documented with receipts, and are fair and reasonable (e.g. You may deduct costs such as catering, venue or equipment hire). Generally, Red Cross recommends that your cost of fundraising is less than 30% of the funds raised.
10. If Red Cross collects Your personal information, Red Cross will send You information about how Red Cross collects and uses your personal information and your privacy rights. Information about your privacy is available here.
11. Red Cross will provide Registered Fundraisers with a Fundraiser Welcome Kit upon successful completion of a registration form being received.
12. Registered Fundraisers need to comply with any obligations under applicable legislation and/or regulations in the State or Territory in which they are conducting their Fundraising Event. You may be responsible for organising permits, licenses, insurance or obtaining an authority to fundraise where necessary for fundraising activities such as raffles or competitions (this excludes permits for door to door and public coin collections which are organised by Red Cross at the point of registration). This information will be available from your state government or local council and obtaining these permits is the responsibility of the Fundraiser and not Red Cross. For all gaming, trading, racing, licensing, promotional and fundraising requirements, please check legislation by contacting your nearest office:
ACT Gambling and Racing Commission
PH: 02 6207 0359
NSW Office of Liquor, Gaming and Racing
PH: 02 9995 0300
Racing Gaming and Licensing
PH: 08 8999 5511
Office of Liquor, Gaming and Racing
PH: 13 74 68
Office of the Liquor and Gambling Commissioner
PH: 131 882
Department of Liquor and Gaming
PH: 03 6166 4444
Commission for Gambling and Liquor Regulation
PH: 1300 182 457
Department of Gaming, Racing and Liquor
PH: 08 9425 1888
13. Red Cross accepts no responsibility for any loss, liability or injury, occupational, health, safety and welfare claims arising from any Fundraising Event. It is the responsibility of the Registered Fundraiser to ensure the safety of themselves and any attendees of their Fundraising Event, including providing first aid services if they are needed. Registered Fundraisers are responsible for obtaining and maintaining any appropriate insurance for their Fundraising Event, including public liability insurance.
14. Red Cross' public liability insurance does not cover people who choose to fundraise on our behalf. We are not liable for assessing or managing any risks associated with the Fundraising Event You are organising.
15. If You are under 15 years of age, You must have the express permission of a parent or guardian before undertaking any fundraising activities or hosting a Fundraising Event for Red Cross.
16. The Registered Fundraiser must securely keep all the money raised by the Fundraising Event. Full records of the amount raised, along with the money, need to be securely deposited back to Red Cross within 28 days after the Fundraising Event takes place. Call 1800 RED CROSS (733 276) or email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information on how to deposit money.
17. The Registered Fundraiser must provide a receipt to a donor if the donor requests a receipt and the donation received is $2 or more.
18. Registered Fundraisers are required to return all receipt booklets whether they have been used or not within 28 days after the completion of their Fundraising Event. The receipted dollar value must not exceed the funds raised. If a receipt booklet is lost or stolen, a Statutory Declaration must be completed stating this and returned with payment in place of the receipt book. It is a criminal offence to write false tax receipts, and/or make a false declaration.
19. The Registered Fundraiser must ensure Red Cross is clearly identified as the beneficiary of the funds raised. Where possible, the Registered Fundraiser must detail the amount or proportion of funds raised that will be donated to Red Cross.
20. The Registered Fundraiser must not approach the general public with door to door, street or telephone collections as part of the Fundraising Event.
21. Red Cross is a child safe organisation and therefore has a Child Protection Policy, in respect of persons who have contact with children in the course of their work for Red Cross. This includes all Registered Fundraisers for Red Cross. It is therefore a mandatory requirement that before You start fundraising, You have read and agreed to Red Cross' Child Protection Code of Conduct. Please read your copy here or refer to your Fundraiser Welcome Kit.
22. Registered Fundraisers acknowledge and agree that the Red Cross emblem - a Red Cross on a white background - is a symbol of protection (protective use) and of membership of the International Red Cross and Red Crescent Movement (indicative use). In times of armed conflict it is the visible sign of the protection conferred by the Geneva Conventions on the victims and on those who come to their aid; in peacetime it shows that a person or object is linked to the International Red Cross and Red Crescent Movement, of which the International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) is the founding body. The emblem is also a symbol of the Movement's seven Fundamental Principles: humanity, impartiality, neutrality, independence, voluntary service, unity and universality.
23. Registered Fundraisers must not use the Red Cross logo or Red Cross emblem to advertise or conduct the Fundraising Event except in accordance with the materials (if any) provided to You by Red Cross. Unauthorised use of the Red Cross emblem may constitute a criminal offence under the Geneva Conventions Act 1957. You must not do anything which might bring Red Cross, the Red Cross emblem, or the Red Cross Red Crescent movement into disrepute, or which might tarnish the prestige or reduce respect for the Red Cross emblem. For more information on the Red Cross emblem, please visit www.redcross.org.au.
24. In promoting and running Your Fundraising Event You may use:
• the equipment, posters and other materials provided in Your Fundraiser Welcome Kit; and
• the resources downloadable on www.redcross.org.au/fundraise-for-usand www.redcrossfundraising.org.au
• Australian Red Cross' name and the purpose for which You are raising funds for Red Cross
25. In promoting and running Your Fundraising Event You may not use the Red Cross logo or the images and text on www.redcross.org.au/fundraise-for-us, www.redcrossfundraising.org.auor www.redcross.org.au unless You have prior written permission from Red Cross.
26. You must disclose any previous criminal convictions to Red Cross when You Register (although these won't prevent You from being able to organise an activity for us, they will be taken into account when assessing the suitability of the activity and Yourself as the organiser) and You must disclose any criminal charges brought against You during the period You are authorised to fundraise for Red Cross.
27. You agree to release to Red Cross to the fullest extent permissible under law for all claims and demands of any kind associated with the Fundraising Event, and indemnify Red Cross for all liability or costs that may arise in respect to any damage, loss or injury occurring to any person in any way associated with the activity caused by Your breach of these responsibilities or negligence.
28. Red Cross reserves the right to withdraw Your authority to organise a Fundraising Event at any time if it appears to Red Cross that the Fundraising Event may negatively affect the image or reputation of Red Cross or if Red Cross believes there's a likelihood of You not meeting any of these Terms and Conditions.
29. Upon entering www.redcross.org.au/fundraise-for-us, www.redcrossfundraising.org.au and www.redcross.org.au You have accepted and must comply with the terms and conditions, notices, disclaimers and intellectual property requirements on those website/s. Your use of and/or continued access to those website/s constitutes Your agreement to the terms and conditions.
30. The content of www.redcross.org.au/fundraise-for-us, www.redcrossfundraising.org.au and www.redcross.org.au such as text, graphics, images and names ("Material") is protected by Australian copyright law. Unauthorised use of the Material may violate these copyright laws.
31. Red Cross does not warrant that www.redcross.org.au/fundraise-for-us, www.redcrossfundraising.org.au or www.redcross.org.au will operate error-free, nor that its servers are free of computer viruses and other harmful data or code components. Nor do we warrant that it will be able to prevent any illegal, harmful or inappropriate use, modification or alteration of content. If your use of the website results in the need for servicing or replacing equipment or data, Red Cross cannot be held liable for any associated costs.
32. Red Cross' websites may contain embedded hyperlinks or referral buttons to websites operated by third parties or their licensees or contractors ("Advertisers"). Any claims by Advertisers are not recommendations or endorsements by us or a list of third party advertisers endorsed by Red Cross.
33. Red Cross' websites may contain hyperlinks and other pointers to internet websites operated by third parties ("Linked Sites"). The Linked Sites are not under our control and we are not responsible for the content of any Linked Site or any hyperlink contained in a Linked Site.
34. Linked Sites that we are endorsing include: Facebook; Google; Twitter; Linked In; You Tube, Go Fundraise, Pinterest, Instagram. Other Linked Sites that appear on www.redcross.org.au/fundraise-for-us, www.redcrossfundraising.org.au and www.redcross.org.au might not be endorsed or authorised by Red Cross.
35. Your use of a Linked Site is subject to the terms and conditions of that site in addition to the Terms and Conditions on www.redcross.org.au/fundraise-for-us and www.redcrossfundraising.org.au
36. Red Cross does not and cannot be involved in your interaction with Linked Sites and Advertisers. In the event that You have a dispute with one or more Linked Sites or Advertisers, to the extent permitted by law, Red Cross is exempt from liability for any claims, demands or damages arising out of or in any way connected with online disputes.
38. Red Cross may amend these Terms and Conditions at any time and upon amending them we will re-post them on our websites. Registered Fundraisers be will bound by the amended Terms and Conditions from that time.