The simple act of knocking on a neighbour’s door and asking if they might like some help is a wonderful way to build community connections and help reduce social isolation in your neighourhood.
Steps to take action
- Here are some ideas you could do as acts of kindness for your neighbours:
- Offer to walk your neighbour’s dog if they are unable to - or go for a walk with them.
- Offer to take your neighbours wheelie bins in and out for them.
- Offer to do 10-30 minutes of gardening for your neighbour.
- Make elderly neighbours or busy parents a pot of soup or some freezer meals to warm them in winter.
- Take your neighbours some flowers to celebrate a special week or event. Neighbour Day in March and Seniors Week in October provide good opportunities.
- Visit Neighbour Day for great ideas and additional resources to connect with your neighbours.