Our In Search of Safety program gives primary school students a valuable insight into forced migration and why people seek asylum.
Each session runs for 90 minutes and includes:
- a pre-presentation activity for teachers to gauge students’ existing understanding of forced migration
- an overview of why people seek safety and the challenges they face in Australia
- an engaging role play activity that allows students to walk in the shoes of someone seeking asylum
- individuals’ experiences of seeking safety and the challenges they faced in settlement
- an evaluation activity for teachers to assess shifts in students’ knowledge and perceptions.