Beat Loneliness 2018
Terms and Conditions
As a Beat Loneliness Registered Team, You must adhere to the following terms and conditions. Failure to conduct third party activities in accordance with these terms and conditions may result in you being de-registered as a Loneliness Team and prevented from conducting further third-party activities on behalf of Red Cross;
Advertisers means third party operated websites.
Beat Loneliness means a Red Cross national awareness event directed to reducing social exclusion.
Campaign Period means the period between Tuesday 1st May 2018 and Saturday 30th June 2018.
Event includes a Beat Loneliness or other third-party activity.
Event Website means the online information portal for the campaign.
Event Facebook Page means the social media information portal for the campaign.
Host/Hosting means the act of holding an event with the intention of raising awareness of loneliness.
Linked Sites means third party operated hyperlinks.
Materials/Material means the intellectual property and content used for the campaign on the Event Website and Event Facebook Page.
Red Cross means Australian Red Cross Society ABN 50 169 561 394. Address: 155 Pelham Street, Carlton VIC 3053, Phone: 03 9345 1800, Website: www.redcross.org.au. Charity Mail Number: 10100009.
Register/Registering/Registered means completing the Beat Loneliness registration form online at www.beatloneliness.org.au/beatloneliness.com.au.
Registered Host means a person who has completed in full the Beat Loneliness registration form online at www.beatloneliness.com.au.
Supporter means a person who agrees to help a Registered Host with their event.
You/Your means or refers to the person who registers to host a Beat Loneliness team event.
1. You must be a Registered Host to conduct a third-party Event as part of Beat Loneliness.
2. Registrations can be made online at website www.beatloneliness.org.au/beatloneliness.com.au.
3. www.beatloneliness.com.au ("Event Website") is owned and operated by Red Cross.
4. Red Cross manages Beat Loneliness on behalf of all State-based Red Cross offices.
5. Red Cross will not accept registrations from people residing in or accessing www.beatloneliness.com.au from a country other than Australia.
6. If during Your participation in the Beat Loneliness campaign as a Registered Host or a Supporter, Red Cross collects Your personal information, Red Cross will send You information about how Red Cross collects and uses Your personal information and Your privacy rights. Some information regarding Your privacy is available at http://www.redcross.org.au/privacy.aspx. Registered Hosts must also comply with their obligations under the Privacy Act 1988 as amended from time to time.
7. The person whose name appears on the registration form will be the Registered Host who is at all times solely accountable for managing the event in an appropriate and responsible way. This includes deciding on the Event date/s and venue and any associated costs of running the Event.
8. Registered Hosts, agree to pay all costs involved with running their Event. Event costs are at the discretion of the Registered Host. Red Cross will not reimburse any person/s for any Event associated costs.
9. Red Cross accepts no responsibility for any loss, liability or injury, occupational, health, safety and welfare claims arising from any Event for any accidents or injuries including sporting injuries that may occur during an Event. It is the responsibility of the Registered Host to ensure the safety of themselves, their Supporters and any attendees of their Event, including and providing first aid services if they are needed. Registered Hosts are responsible for obtaining and maintaining any appropriate insurance for their Event, including public liability insurance.
10. Red Cross' public liability insurance does not cover people who choose to participate in Beat Loneliness on its behalf. Red Cross is not liable for assessing or managing any risks of activities or Events run by external parties.
11. If You are under 16 years of age, You must have the express permission of a parent or guardian before undertaking any activities as part of Beat Loneliness.
12. Red Cross is a child safe organisation and has a Child Protection Policy that applies to all persons who have contact with children in the course their work for Red Cross. This includes all Registered Hosts for Beat Loneliness. It is therefore a mandatory requirement for Beat Loneliness participants to read and agree to Red Cross' Child Protection Code of Conduct prior to undertaking any activity on Red Cross' behalf. To comply with the Child Protection Code of Conduct You must read it in full. Read a copy here.
13. If You, as the Registered Host, have any previous criminal convictions, You need to tell Red Cross about them when you register. Although any prior convictions won't automatically prevent You from being able to organise a fundraising activity, they will be taken into account where relevant, for the purposes of accessing the suitability of the Event and yourself as the Registered Host. Failure to notify us of any previous criminal convictions may result in Red Cross ceasing any connection with You in relation to the Beat Loneliness campaign.
14. You agree to release Red Cross to the fullest extent permissible under law for all claims and demands of any kind associated with the activity, and indemnify Red Cross for all liability or costs that may arise in respect to any damage, loss or injury occurring to any person in any way associated with the activity caused by your breach of these responsibilities or negligence.
15. If there is a likelihood of You not meeting any of these responsibilities, Red Cross reserves the right to withdraw Your authority to organise an Event at any time.
16. Red Cross may amend these Terms and Conditions at any time during the Campaign Period. If that happens Red Cross will re-post them on www.beatloneliness.com.au Registered Hosts will be bound by the amended Terms and Conditions from that time.
17. Upon entering www.beatloneliness.org.au/beatloneliness.com.au You have accepted and must comply with the Terms and Conditions, notices, disclaimers and intellectual property on the Website. Your use of and/or continued access to the Website constitutes Your agreement to the Terms and Conditions.
18. The Event Website is run by Red Cross for this campaign only. Content may change but it will remain a dedicated site for Beat Loneliness campaign.
19. Registered Hosts acknowledge and agree that the Red Cross emblem "a red cross on a white background" is a symbol of protection (protective use) and of membership of the International Red Cross and Red Crescent Movement (indicative use).
In times of armed conflict the Red Cross emblem is the visible sign of the protection conferred by the Geneva Conventions on the victims of wars and on those who come to their aid.
In peacetime the Red Cross emblem shows that a person or object is linked to the International Red Cross and Red Crescent Movement, of which the International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) is the founding body. So, the emblem is also a symbol of the Movement's seven Fundamental Principles: humanity, impartiality, neutrality, independence, voluntary service, unity and universality.
20. Registered Hosts or Supporters must not use the Red Cross logo or Red Cross emblem to advertise or conduct the Event except by distribution of the materials (if any) provided to You by Red Cross. Unauthorised use of the Red Cross emblem may constitute a criminal offence under the Geneva Conventions Act 1957.
You must not do anything which might bring Red Cross, the Red Cross emblem, or the Red Cross Red Crescent movement into disrepute, or which might tarnish the prestige or reduce respect for the Red Cross emblem. For more information on the Red Cross emblem, please visit www.redcross.org.au.
Additionally, You must not use the Beat Loneliness logo or the images or text on the http://www.beatloneliness.com.auor www.redcross.org.au unless You have prior written permission from Red Cross.
21. All names, photographs and content that are related to celebrity endorsements, if any, are the property of the celebrity, their talent agent or Red Cross. Use of photographs, names and content is prohibited. You must have Red Cross' written permission before using any of the names, text, images or logos of or about the celebrities found on www.beatloneliness.org.au/beatloneliness.com.au.
22. The content of www.beatloneliness.org.au/beatloneliness.com.au such as text, graphics, images and names ("Material") is protected by Australian copyright law. Unauthorised use of the Material may violate these copyright laws.
23. Red Cross does not warrant that www.beatloneliness.org.au/beatloneliness.com.au will operate error-free, nor that its servers are free of computer viruses and other harmful data or code components. Nor does Red Cross warrant that it will be able to prevent any illegal, harmful or inappropriate use, modification or alteration of content. If Your use of the website results in the need for servicing or replacing equipment or data, Red Cross cannot be held liable for any associated costs.
24. Beat Loneliness official Event launch date is Tuesday 1st May 2018
25. Registered Hosts can participate in events any time during the Campaign Period
26. The Beat Loneliness website may contain embedded hyperlinks or referral buttons to Advertiser websites operated by third parties or their licensees or contractors. Any claims by Advertisers are not recommendations or endorsements by Red Cross nor are the Advertisers endorsed by Red Cross.
27. The Beat Loneliness website contains hyperlinks and other pointers to Linked Sites. The Linked Sites are not under Red Cross control and Red Cross is not responsible for the content of any Linked Site or any hyperlink contained in a Linked Site.
28. Linked Sites that Red Cross is endorsing for Beat Loneliness include: Facebook; Google; Twitter; Linked In; You Tube, Pinterest, Instagram. Other Linked Sites that appear on www.beatloneliness.org.au / beatloneliness.com.au might not be endorsed or authorised by Red Cross.
29. Your use of a Linked Site is subject to the Terms and Conditions of that site in addition to the Terms and Conditions on www.beatloneliness.org.au / beatloneliness.com.au
30. Red Cross does not and cannot be involved in Your interaction with Linked Sites and Advertisers. If You have a dispute with one or more Linked Sites or Advertisers, to the extent permitted by law, Red Cross is exempt from liability for any claims, demands or damages arising out of or in any way connected with those online disputes
31. During the Campaign Period the first two hundred (200) registrations on www.beatloneliness.org.au / beatloneliness.com.au that comply with the Red Cross terms and conditions will receive a free team kit. Only one (1) team kit is to be supplied to each team.
32. Successful Registrations will be notified to the registrant via email within 5 days.
33. Each team kit will have ten (10) beat loneliness t-shirts included of three (3) x medium sizes, four (4) x large sizes and three (3) x extra large sizes. Red Cross will not offer size exchanges or replacements to damaged shirts.
34. Team kits will be posted Australia wide after Host Registration is completed. Postage should take between 5-10 days. Once the team kit has been posted to the registered address, Red Cross has no longer responsible to ensure that the team kit reaches its intended owner.
35. Team kits are not to be resold, and are to be used f for the purposes of the Beat Loneliness Campaign.
36. Images of teams in their Beat Loneliness team kit, supplied by any team member to Red Cross may be used by Red Cross to promote the beat loneliness campaign, by appearing on www.beatloneliness.org.au / beatloneliness.com.au and Red Cross social media channels.
37. If incorrect details have been supplied on Registration or the Registered Host is unable to be contacted by Red Cross within 10 days of registration, the Registered Host will forfeits the entitlement to receive a team kit.