Four years ago, more than 740,000 people fled violence in Myanmar for the safety of Cox’s Bazar Bangladesh.
Mothers walked for miles with babies in their arms. Young men carried their elderly parents on their backs. Escaping together, from attacks that had already killed many of the people they loved.
When they reached the Bangladesh border, Red Cross teams were there to help. With mobile health clinics, food, water and tents for shelter.
Today, families are still living in crisis. People rely entirely on aid in order to survive. Annual monsoon seasons cause deadly floods and landslides and recent surges in COVID cases are adding pressure to already strained health services.
But there are reasons to be hopeful.
When you donate to our appeal you make all this possible.
- shelters so families have somewhere safe to sleep.
- healthcare for the sick and injured, including COVID-19 vaccinations.
- clean water and sanitation facilities.
- cash grants so families can make ends meet.
- safeguarding communities for monsoon seasons.
Together, we can ensure these families and this crisis is not forgotten.