If you are experiencing a work-related problem, help is available.

The services below provide free information and advice to migrants, people on temporary visas or people without a visa. You can talk about your concerns in private and without your employer or sponsor knowing.

For free information about workplace rights and entitlements, to report concerns or get assistance with workplace problems

Fair Work Ombudsman logo

Fair Work Ombudsman

The Fair Work Ombudsman is here to help you.

The Fair Work Ombudsman is an Australian Government agency that regulates Australian workplaces.

The Fair Work Ombudsman provides free advice and assistance to all workers to help them understand their rights and, can help fix workplace problems.

You can't get into trouble or have your visa cancelled for contacting them to ask for information about your pay or other workplace rights.

The Fair Work Ombudsman has information and resources in over 30 languages to help people understand their workplace rights and obligations in Australia.

Phone 13 13 94

Website www.fairwork.gov.au

Make an anonymous report

If you need an interpreter, first call the Translating and Interpreting Service (TIS) on 13 14 50 and ask for Fair Work on 13 13 94.


Wageline at the Department of Mines, Industry Regulation and Safety can be a first contact point for you if you work in WA and need help with finding the right pay rate and resolving underpayment issues. Wageline will check which system of employment laws you are covered by and either provide information on pay rates and other employment entitlements or ask you to call the Fair Work Ombudsman for the right information.

Calls to Wageline are confidential, and you do not need to provide your name, however Wageline will need the business name of your employer to check which system of employment laws covers your employment, but they don’t contact your employer when you make a general enquiry.

Phone 1300 655 266

Email wageline@dmirs.wa.gov.au

Website www.dmirs.wa.gov.au/contactwageline

Report wage theft anonymously »

If you need an interpreter, first call the Translating and Interpreting Service (TIS) on 13 14 50 and ask for Wageline on 1300 655 266.

For support from a union

The Australian Unions Support Centre

The Australian Unions Support Centre provides free and confidential assistance for all workplace issues. If you're a union member, you can also contact your union for support.

Phone 1300 486 466

Email help@actu.org.au or use the online form

Website www.australianunions.org.au

Charity donations of $2 or more to Australian Red Cross may be tax-deductible in Australia. Site protected by Google Invisible reCAPTCHA. © Australian Red Cross 2023. ABN 50 169 561 394