Emergency Services Volunteers provide support to people vulnerable to or affected by emergency events. You’ll join a team of emergency services volunteers, who can help individuals and communities from beginning to end of an emergency by:
- Helping people prepare for possible future emergency events (preparedness);
- Providing help during emergency events (response), and
- Assisting after an emergency event (recovery).
Check to see if any volunteer roles are available in the Emergency Services programs.
Or give us a call on 1300 733 276.
Volunteer role opportunities
Red Cross looks for volunteers to join the Emergency Services team who are interested in:
- Helping a community resilience group in their local community to get people prepared for emergencies
- Presenting preparedness presentations to local community groups and helping people to complete a RediPlan
- Complete Red Cross Psychological First Aid training and become a Volunteer Wellbeing Check-in caller
These volunteer roles are part of a formally funded program and applicants will need to complete an online application, complete any necessary compliance checks and training as a part of the role.