If this person is experiencing poor work conditions, help is available.

Making referrals to appropriate service providers is a key step in connecting individuals with relevant assistance.

It is important that this process is voluntary and the individual at risk has provided informed consent.

The organisations and agencies below can provide free information and advice.

See steps in making a referral.

If the person wants to report to the authorities or wants information on worker rights and entitlements, contact:

Fair Work Ombudsman logo

Fair Work Ombudsman

The Fair Work Ombudsman is an Australian Government agency that regulates Australian workplaces.

Employees can't get into trouble or have their visa cancelled for contacting them to ask for information about their pay or other workplace rights.

The Fair Work Ombudsman has information and resources in over 30 languages on its website to help people understand their workplace rights and obligations in Australia.

Phone 13 13 94

Website www.fairwork.gov.au

Make an anonymous report

If an interpreter is required, call the Translating and Interpreting Service (TIS) on 13 14 50 and ask to connect to Fair Work on 13 13 94.

Charity donations of $2 or more to Australian Red Cross may be tax-deductible in Australia. Site protected by Google Invisible reCAPTCHA. © Australian Red Cross 2022. ABN 50 169 561 394