Six years of continuous violence in Syria have created the largest humanitarian crisis since the Second World War. Millions of people desperately need food, shelter and medical care.
Every day, Red Cross helps thousands of families to survive and cope through:
- emergency food parcels and safe drinking water
- emergency health care, including first aid and vaccinations
- hygiene kits with toothpaste, soap, toilet paper and other essentials
- blankets to keep out the cold
- cash grants to help the poorest families pay for medical bills, rent and school fees
Syrian Arab Red Crescent and the International Committee of the Red Cross are in constant negotiations with all parties to the conflict, so they can provide aid to those who need it most.
Red Cross calls on all parties to the conflict to comply with international humanitarian law (the laws of war) and refrain from harming civilians, protect medical personnel and allow humanitarian workers to bring help.