500,000 Australians are connected to and supported by the community to overcome their deep social exclusion
- Developed three concepts to implement over the coming year in pilot locations of Kalgoorlie, WA, Mid North, SA and Hervey Bay, QLD:
- Navigator Network Recognises the value people with lived experience bring in helping others on their journey to recovery and reconnection – because sometimes the best way to feel understood is by talking to someone who has walked in your shoes.
- My Team A way to help people who are struggling to imagine and realise a more positive future, by building a team of positive people around them to give them the support that they need, when they need it.
- Common Places A network of welcoming spaces in your community where you can connect, learn and give back in your own way.
- With Swinburne University and collective of 22 service providers, discussed loneliness, its impact and next steps. Held a public lecture by Professor Julianne Lunstad-Holt, a leading researcher on loneliness, attended by over 200 people.