This charter sets out your rights and how you will be treated when you take part in any Red Cross program or service. It also sets out your responsibilities and what you can do to help us provide the best programs and services.
A client service charter is about everyone being clear about how people should treat one another and how we can work together to achieve the best possible result for you.
What you can expect from Red Cross
Red Cross is committed to providing the best possible programs and services, this includes respecting your right to:
- have support so you can make decisions that are right for you, use suitable programs and services and have an interpreter if you need one
- be safe and free from harm when taking part in Red Cross activities
- receive a quality, reliable service provided by suitably skilled people
- refuse to be involved in a program or service or say no at any time
- be kept informed on matters about you including your service rights
- treat your personal information as confidential and respect your privacy according to Australian law. If there are reasons why we might have to tell someone something about you, we will talk with you about this.
- ask questions, provide comments or make a complaint.
How you can help us provide the best program and services
You can help us provide the best service for you by:
- telling us about what you need or ways we can work together better
- always acting respectfully and safely towards other people using the service and towards staff and volunteers
- giving us the right information about yourself and your situation
- telling us if things change or if you cannot keep an appointment or commitment
- telling us what you think about our services and getting involved.
Your comments, ideas and opinions will help us improve our programs and services.
Client service charter
The client service charter can be downloaded in the following languages:
Download the feedback form:
- ACT (PDF 52kB)
- NSW (PDF 44kB)
- NT (PDF 55kB)
- QLD (PDF 56kB)
- SA (PDF 57kB)
- TAS (PDF 44kB)
- VIC (PDF 55kB)
- WA (PDF 56kB)
As a signatory to the Australian Council for International Development (ACFID) Code of Conduct, we are committed to high standards in financial reporting, management and ethical practice. Further information on the code and its complaints handling procedure is available at www.acfid.asn.au.