About the Additional Support Grant
Who can apply
People can only apply for this round of the additional support grant if they received an additional support grant payment in the previous rounds (December 2020 or March 2021). People who have not previously applied for an additional support grant, or whose previous application was unsuccessful, are not eligible.
You must be currently receiving government benefits or financial assistance to apply for this round (i.e., you are not eligible if you have stopped receiving government assistance since your previous additional support grant payment).
Grant amounts will be determined by the funds we have left, the number of people who apply, and what they tell us they need. This will be based on the needs identified in their previous additional support grant application – up to a maximum of $2,500.
How the grant can help
This grant can help with a range of costs related to the bushfires. These could be:
- additional rebuilding or re-establishment costs
- basic necessities like groceries, utility bills or school fees
- further repairs to make homes safe to live in
- clearing unsafe and bushfire-damaged trees on your property
- ongoing out-of-pocket medical costs
- other costs related to individual circumstances due to the bushfires.
We cannot provide this grant to assist with business expenses such as loss of income or farm equipment. This includes farm fences or outbuildings, farming equipment or stock losses, replacing tools of trade, or for investment properties and holiday homes.
We’re here to help.
If you need support with your application, please call our grants team on 1800 733 276 or email us.
The following grants closed on 31 December 2020.
- Emergency grant for people who have lost their homes
- Injury grant for people hospitalised due to the fires
- Primary residence repair grant for home owner-occupiers whose homes were structurally damaged
- Re-establishment grant for people who lost their primary place of residence.
If you have any questions about these grants, please call our grants team on 1800 733 276 or email us.
Read our latest bushfire report for updates.