Fundraising is a great way to bring people together to support a shared cause and there’s lots of fun ways to do it! Movie nights, raffles, free dress days, afternoon teas and trivia nights are just some ideas.
You can fundraise for an emergency or appeal (locally or overseas), or to help our everyday work giving strength to people when they need it most.
Steps to take action
- Get some friends or work colleagues together and talk about where you would like to make a difference in your local or global community.
- Decide what kind of event would gather the most interest locally and that you and your team have the skills to deliver.
- Register to fundraise for the Red Cross. We have everything you need to set up and comply with fundraising regulations so that you can accept donations.
- Plan your event. See an example event planning template in our helpful resources. Be sure to do a risk management and COVID safety plan.
- Hold your event, have fun, enjoy making new connections and raising money to help others.