- 2 days in the classroom OR
- 1 day practical in the classroom with prior online learning
- Legal and other requirements
- Basic Life Support (DRSABCD)
- CPR and AED
- Abdominal injuries
- Allergic reaction
- Bleeding and wound care
- Burns and scalds
- Cardiac conditions
- Choking and airway obstruction
- Crush injuries
- Extremes of heat and cold
- Eye and ear injuries
- Head, neck and spinal injuries
- Musculoskeletal injuries: fractures and dislocations, strains and sprains
- Poisoning and toxic substances
- Respiratory distress, including asthma
- Shock management
There are no prerequisites for this first aid training course.
Unique Student Identifier (USI)
In order to receive a certificate for any accredited course, all students must have an Unique Student Identifier (USI). We recommend that you create your USI before you book your course. You will need your USI to enrol. Create your USI now or find out more »
This first aid training course is available online. All theory is delivered through our user friendly online learning portal. Once completed, students must attend a one-day practical assessment session to complete the training. Note: Only students who have completed the e-learning and have their Certificate of Completion will be admitted into the practical course.
Search for a practical session at a location near you BEFORE buying this course online.
Current industry standards state this course must be updated every 3 years, with the CPR component to be updated annually.
Students will be assessed through the demonstration of practical skills, participation in role plays, analysis of case studies and a written quiz.
Note: It is a requirement of this course that practical demonstration of CPR must be performed on the adult manikin on the floor.
On successful completion of this course, students will be issued with a nationally recognised Statement of Attainment.