If a baby is not moving and does not respond when you call them or tap their foot, they are unresponsive.
- Check for breathing by tilting their head back and looking and feeling for breaths. Find out what to do if they are breathing (hyperlink to if breathing)
- Call 000. If you are on your own, call 000 after you’ve spent one minute giving them rescue breaths and chest compressions.
- Give five rescue breaths. Tilt their head back, seal your mouth over their mouth and nose. Blow five times into the baby.
- Give 30 chest compressions. Push firmly in the middle of their chest with two fingers so that the check goes inward, then release.
- Give two rescue breaths. Continue with cycles of 30 check compressions and two rescue breaths until help arrives.