- 2 days in the classroom (face to face) OR
- Blended learning online (4 - 5 hrs theory ) plus one day practical assessment in the classroom
- Legal and other requirements
- Basic Life Support (DRSABCD)
- CPR and AED
- Abdominal injuries
- Allergic reaction
- Anaphylaxis, signs and triggers
- Asthma, signs and triggers and bronchodilators
- Bleeding and wound care
- Burns and scalds
- Cardiac conditions
- Choking and airway obstruction
- Crush injuries
- Extremes of heat and cold
- Eye and ear injuries
- Head, neck and spinal injuries
- Musculoskeletal injuries: fractures and dislocations, strains and sprains
- Needle stick injuries
- Poisoning and toxic substances
- Respiratory distress
- Shock management
There are no prerequisites for this unit HLTAID004 Provide emergency first aid response in an education & care setting, our accredited first aid course for teachers, parents and carers.
Unique Student Identifier (USI)
In order to receive a certificate for any accredited course, all students must have an Unique Student Identifier (USI). We recommend that you create your USI before you book your course. You will need your USI to enrol. Create your USI now or find out more »
You can choose to complete the theory component of this accredited first aid course through our online learning portal. Once completed, students must attend a one-day practical assessment session to complete the training. Note: Only students who have completed the e-learning and have their Certificate of Completion will be admitted into the practical course.
Search for a practical session at a location near you BEFORE buying this course online.
Current industry standards state this course must be updated every 3 years, with the CPR component to be updated annually.
Students will be assessed through the demonstration of practical skills, participation in role plays, analysis of case studies and a written quiz.
Note: It is a requirement of this course that practical demonstration of CPR must be performed on the adult manikin on the floor.
On successful completion of this course to learn first aid for children, students will be issued with a nationally recognised Statement of Attainment.