4 hours - face to face
There are no prerequisites for this course.
After successfully completing this course, students will be able to:
- Develop a risk minimisation and emergency management plan for an asthma episode.
- Assess emergency asthma situations.
- Apply the appropriate first aid procedures for an asthma episode.
- Communicate details of emergency asthma incidents.
- Evaluate responses to asthma emergencies
The recommended industry standard to maintain current competency is for this course to be refreshed every 3 years. Please note that some jurisdictions also recommend annual refreshers for asthma and anaphylaxis training.
Students will be assessed through the demonstration of practical skills, participation in role plays, analysis of case studies, and with a written test.
On successful completion of this course, students will be issued with a nationally recognised Statement of Attainment for 22282VIC Course in the Management of Asthma Risks and Emergencies in the Workplace.
Unique Student Identifier (USI)
In order to receive a certificate for any accredited course, all students must have an Unique Student Identifier (USI). We recommend that you create your USI before you book your course. You will need your USI to enrol. Create your USI now or find out more »