Who can be involved?
Recent migrants - people who have been in Australia for five years or less and want to work, and need support with finding or keeping a job.
Experienced locals - people who can offer their time and experience to help coach and prepare recent-migrants for work in Australia.
Information for recent migrants
In Work Australia might be able to help you if you have been in Australia for five years or less, and you are having trouble finding or keeping a job because:
- you don't have any local experience
- you don't have any local contacts
- you are still learning English
- your qualifications aren't recognised in Australia.
For more information and to register
Information for mentors
Your experience working in Australia could help other people to find or keep a job. It doesn't matter where you live, or what your work background is. There are lots of different ways you can help:
- Contributing to our online groups by answering questions and sharing your experience
- Face-to-face mentoring
- Preparing CVs
- Interview practice
- Networking assistance
- Support in the first few months of employment
For more information
Want to know more? Download the In Work Australia brochure (pdf, 337kb)