Additional support grant
This grant is for people who have already received a Red Cross grant, and who are on low incomes and experiencing financial hardship.
You can apply if you:
- have received one of our previous bushfire grants, and
- are receiving government assistance that demonstrates low income (i.e. a health care, pensioner or disability card), and
- are still in financial hardship.
The amount we can pay each eligible applicant will vary depending on people’s individual needs, the number of people who apply, and the funds we have left.
How the grant can help
This grant can help with a range of costs related to the bushfires. These could be:
- additional rebuilding or re-establishment costs
- basic necessities like groceries, utility bills or school fees
- further repairs to make homes safe to live in
- clearing unsafe and bushfire-damaged trees on your property
- ongoing out-of-pocket medical costs
- other costs related to individual circumstances due to the bushfires.
The application process
Applications close at 5pm on Friday 27 November. After that, we will assess all applications and allocate payments to eligible people, depending on what they need and the total amount available. Payments will be made before Christmas.
There will be a second, smaller round of applicants in February 2021.
Got a question? Our Grants Q&A can help »