Who we help
At Lady Lawley Cottage, we understand that no one knows your child better than you. Our team of professional staff puts children and young people at the centre of support by treating every child individually, and helping them exercise choice and control over many aspects of their lives in a safe and fun environment. We provide activities and social relationships to improve a child's quality of life and broaden their experiences.
Lady Lawley Cottage, Australian Red Cross, is a child-safe organisation. We recognise that children are one of the most vulnerable groups in society. We acknowledge that we have a critical responsibility to help keep children safe across all our operations and that at all times children have the right to be safe and protected.
Read the Red Cross Child Protection Policy »
Lady Lawley Cottage applies the National Standards for Disability Services to all facets of our operation. We have a broad range of policies to ensure continuous improvement and quality practices.
The six standards we are guided by and what they mean to you and your child are:
- Rights You have the right to be treated fairly and to feel safe when you use a disability service.
- Participation and inclusion You can take part in the community and feel included when you use disability services.
- Individual outcomes Your service supports you to make choices about what you want to do. You can work towards your goals.
- Feedback and complaints You can tell people what you think about the services you receive.
- Service access Finding and using services is fair. You can access the services you need.
- Service management Disability services should be managed well.
Learn more about how the standards are applied at Lady Lawley Cottage »
Learn more about the National Standards for Disability Services at the Department of Social Services »