1 day (face to face)
- Legal and other requirements
- Basic Life Support (DRSABCD)
- CPR and AED
- Abdominal injuries
- Allergic reaction
- Bleeding and wound care
- Burns and scalds
- Cardiac conditions
- Choking and airway obstruction
- Crush injuries
- Extremes of heat and cold
- Eye and ear injuries
- Head, neck and spinal injuries
- Musculoskeletal injuries: fractures and dislocations, strains and sprains
- Poisoning and toxic substances
- Respiratory distress, including asthma
- Shock management
To book into this first aid refresher course, you must have successfully completed and hold a current Statement of Attainment for Provide First Aid (HLTAID003) or Apply first aid (HLTFA311A).
Students must present their Statement of Attainment either prior to, or on the day of the recertification course.
The recommended industry standard to maintain current competency is for this course to be refreshed every 3 years, with the CPR component to be refreshed annually.
Students will be assessed through the demonstration of practical skills, participation in role plays, analysis of case studies and a written quiz.
On successful completion of this refresher course, students will be issued with a nationally recognised Statement of Attainment.
Create your Unique Student Identifier (USI) before you book a course. Create your USI now or find out more »