- 2 days in the classroom OR
- 1 day practical in the classroom with prior online learning
- Legal and other requirements
- Basic Life Support (DRSABCD)
- CPR and AED
- Abdominal injuries
- Allergic reaction
- Bleeding and wound care
- Burns and scalds
- Cardiac conditions
- Choking and airway obstruction
- Crush injuries
- Extremes of heat and cold
- Eye and ear injuries
- Head, neck and spinal injuries
- Musculoskeletal injuries: fractures and dislocations, strains and sprains
- Poisoning and toxic substances
- Respiratory distress, including asthma
- Shock management
There are no prerequisites for this first aid training course.
Online E-Learning format
This first aid training course is available online. All theory is delivered through our user friendly online learning portal. Once completed, students must attend a one-day practical assessment session to complete the full qualification.
Search for a practical session at a location near you BEFORE buying this course online.
Current industry standards state this course must be updated every 3 years, with the CPR component to be updated annually.
Students will be assessed through the demonstration of practical skills, participation in role plays, analysis of case studies and a written quiz.
Note: It is a requirement of this course that practical demonstration of CPR must be performed on the adult manikin on the floor.
On successful completion of this course, students will be issued with a nationally recognised Statement of Attainment.