The Australian Red Cross' Careers in Aid Work (CAW) is an essential introduction for those seeking work in the humanitarian aid sector.
Discover how your skills and experience are relevant to the sector, where networking or development opportunities exist, and how to get your foot in the door. Our trainers will help you unpack the realities of finding employment, and explain how you can best present yourself to potential employers.
- Understand who the major players and employers are in the sector
- Unpack the personal attributes required to be a successful aid worker
- Recognise in-demand skills for the humanitarian and development sectors
- Learn what not to do, and some common mistakes you can easily avoid
- Learn how to highlight your skills and experience and present yourself to employers
Is this course for you?
The course is designed for everyone - there are no pre-requisites.
Whether you’re finishing up at university or looking for a change in career, this course suits anyone looking to enter into a role within the aid sector.
The course is facilitated by experienced and professional aid workers from Australian Red Cross. They provide personal insights on how to get into the sector, and what it’s like once you’re in.
CAW is offered several times a year in capital cities around Australia. The course runs from 9am to 5pm, with breaks throughout the day. Participants must organise their own accommodation and transport arrangements.
Upcoming course dates
There are no current upcoming courses.
Cost per participant
Concession (full-time students,
Red Cross employees/volunteers)**
**When registering, put student ID number (students) or 'Red Cross' (ARC volunteer/employee) in the box marked Concession.
Please contact us for information on group rates and bookings.