Go live on Facebook
Facebook live is a great way to have engaging conversations with your friends and followers, which is exactly what #BEATLONELINESS is about – sparking conversation about an issue that affects more than 50% of us.
If you have a big match, initiative or event planned, that’s a great time to use your personal, team, or club’s Facebook page to go live.
Remember to answer these three questions when you go live:
- What makes you want to Beat Loneliness?
Is it a personal experience, a desire to support others or another connection to the cause?
- What actions are you taking to #BEATLONELINESS?
From starting the conversation with your family at the dinner table to kitting your entire club out in Beat Loneliness jerseys, tell us what you’ve done or what you’re planning to do to #BEATLONELINESS.
- What are you especially proud of?
Have your teammates or your local radio station reacted positively to your involvement? Has a friend or your football club president passed on words of encouragement or been inspired to get involved themselves? We’d love to hear how your actions have inspired others so don’t be shy - share your successes
Here’s some tips before you do:
- Tell people ahead of time when you're going to broadcast
- Go live when you have a strong connection
- Write a compelling description before going live
- Ask your viewers to follow you and receive notifications when you go live
- Say hello to commenters by name and to respond to their comments
- Keep providing context throughout the broadcast – new viewers can join at any time
Head to Facebook’s easy to use guide to see more handy hints and tips for going live:
We love seeing your stories and we think others will too. That’s why we’re picking a selection of the most inspiring stories to be featured on our Beat Loneliness site.
Make sure you use #BEATLONELINESS when you share your video, article or social post for your chance to be featured. You can check out the rest of the #beatloneliness legends online.