Get local media on board
Local media want to hear local stories, especially those about people doing good in their community.
Think of all the communication and media outlets in your town. Good examples are your local newspapers, radio stations, Council or online publications. Many businesses and organisations have newsletters that are distributed to both staff and customers, which is also a great opportunity for promotion.
- Call or email the journalist. Begin by telling them why you have decided to take part in Beat Loneliness
- Tell them what prompted you to sign up to the campaign
- Explain why Beat Loneliness is important to you personally and to your community
- Use our media release template
- Be prepared to be interviewed personally or have a photo taken.
We love seeing your stories and we think others will too. That’s why we’re picking a selection of the most inspiring stories to be featured on our Beat Loneliness site. Make sure you use #BEATLONELINESS when you share your video, article or social post for your chance to be featured. You can check out the rest of the #beatloneliness legends online.