3 days (face to face)
- Legal and other requirements
- Basic Life Support (DRSABCD)
- CPR and AED, including BVM
- Abdominal injuries
- Allergic reaction
- Bleeding and wound care
- Burns, including thermal, chemical, friction and electrical
- Cardiac conditions
- Choking and airway obstruction
- Crush injuries
- Emergency childbirth
- Extremes of heat and cold
- Eye and ear injuries
- Head, neck and spinal injuries
- Levels of consciousness
- Musculoskeletal injuries: fractures and dislocations, strains and sprains
- Needle stick injuries
- Poisoning and toxic substances
- Respiratory distress, including asthma
- Shock management
- Substance misuse
- Vital Signs
There are no prerequisites for our advanced first aid course.
Current industry standards state this course must be updated every 3 years, with the CPR component to be updated annually.
Students will be assessed through the demonstration of practical skills, participation in role plays, analysis of case studies and a written quiz.
On successful completion of this first aid training course, students will be issued with a nationally recognised Statement of Attainment.
Create your Unique Student Identifier (USI) before you book a course. Create your USI now or find out more »