We urgently require volunteers in the Longreach and Mount Isa areas. Give back to the community while enriching the quality of life of an elderly person.
Our Community Visitors Scheme (CVS) needs volunteers interested in visiting residents in aged care facilities. The scheme aims to provide social interaction to residents with limited or no contact with family and/or friends. Volunteers will be provided with ongoing training and support.
If you would like to share your time to help someone feel better connected with the community and experience greater fulfillment in life, then this position is for you.
- Empathy and understanding of older people and people with physical and mental disabilities
- Ability to understand and respect confidentiality
- Good communication and listening skills
- Ability to work independently - min. commitment of 30 mins per week (either weekdays or weekends).
- Flexibility, creativity and adaptability
For all enquires please contact Lorraine Hamilton, Visiting Services Coordinator on 5539 7016, or via email at email@example.com