THE TERMS OF PARTICIPATION IN THE AUSTRALIAN RED CROSS SOCIETY'S "TELL US YOUR STORY" COMPETITION ("COMPETITION").
1. The promoter of this Competition is the Australian Red Cross Society ABN 50 169 561 394 trading as Red Cross College ("Promoter"), 49 Park Road, Milton, Queensland, Australia.
2. Entry to the Competition is open to Australian residents aged 16 or over who are past or present students of Red Cross College, and who have completed a Red Cross College course.
3. An entrant must be an individual and not a company or organisation.
4. Entrants under 18 years of age need to have the consent of their parent or guardian to enter. Employees of the Promoter and any person associated with the Competition, and any organisation or individual associated with the provision of the prize(s), are not eligible to enter.
5. Each entry must be entered in accordance with these Terms and Conditions. By entering the Competition, each entrant agrees to be bound by these Terms and Conditions. The Promoter may in its discretion refuse to award the prize to any entrant who fails to comply with these Terms and Conditions.
6. Entry into the Competition is free.
7. The Competition opens at 12.00am AEST on 30 May 2013 and closes at 5.00pm AEST on 30 June 2013 ("Competition Period"). Any entry received after the expiry of the Competition Period will be deemed invalid. No responsibility is accepted for late, lost, delayed or misdirected entries.
8. To enter the Competition, you must:
a. Answer a short survey about your experiences at Red Cross College and how the course you completed has affected your life both professionally and personally ("Story");
b. Submit your Story accompanied by your full name, phone number and email address via link provided.
9. Each entry must include your name, contact details and the Story or it will be deemed invalid.
10. All entries become the property of the Promoter and will not be returned to the entrants.
11. By submitting your Story to the Promoter, you authorise the Promoter and Red Cross College to use your full name, location, and testimonial ("materials") in pursuit of their mission to be a leader in quality education and employment opportunities that assists individuals and communities to transform their lives through learning and development, enabling personal and professional growth.
12. Your materials may be used in a wide variety of promotional publications including newsletters, flyers, posters, brochures, advertisements, letters, proposals, websites, social media sites, press kits and other print and digital communications.
13. Any of the materials can be used in any of the above formats (authorised use) without you having the opportunity to inspect or approve the finished product. All materials are voluntarily submitted by you without expectation of any compensation.
14. If you wish to withdraw permission for the authorised use of the materials, you must inform the Promoter in writing of this. If you withdraw permission, the Promoter will cease any future new publication or use of the materials, but you are aware that the materials may appear in printed and electronic publications, that have already been produced or disseminated, for several years.
15. Your Story may be edited or adapted at any time by the Promoter in order to:
a. adhere to any requirements of the Red Cross Code of Conduct;
b. or ensure your Work meets any legal or classification requirements or to avoid any breach of law.
16. The entrant's whose work is judged by the Promoter's panel of judges to be the best will win the prize ("Prize Winner"). Chance plays no part in determining the Prize Winner.
17. There will be two Prize Winners. They will receive a Coles Group & Myer Gift Card valued at $150 each.
18. The total prize pool is valued at $300.00.
19. The Promoter shall not be responsible for any costs other than the cost of the prize.
20. No component of the prize can be transferred or redeemed for cash. In the event that the prize becomes unavailable, the Promoter reserves the right to provide a similar product to the same or greater value as the original prize, subject to any applicable laws or written directions made under applicable legislation.
21. You warrant that:
a. all details provided with your entry are true and accurate;
b. you have all necessary rights and licences to grant the rights set out in these Terms and Conditions;
c. your Story is an original work and has not been previously communicated to the public;
d. the exercise of the rights granted to the Promoter in these Terms and Conditions will not infringe the rights of any third parties, and
e. you indemnify the Promoter against any loss or damage resulting from any breach of these warranties.
22. You acknowledge that the Promoter is under no obligation to exercise any of the rights granted to it by these Terms and Conditions and any communication of your Story or materials to the public by the Promoter is at the complete discretion of the Promoter.
23. You agree that the Promoter may use your personal details provided to the Promoter for the purpose of conducting the Competition. The Promoter may disclose your personal information to its contractors, agents, any co-promoter and to State and Territory gaming departments, to assist in conducting this Competition. Prize Winners' names may be published as set out in these Terms and Conditions.
24. Decisions of the Promoter and its panel of judges are final and will be binding on each person who enters the Competition and no correspondence will be entered into. The Prize Winner will be notified by phone and/or email at the end of the Competition Period. Please allow at least 28 days from the date of notification for the delivery of the prize.
25. If there is any event that prevents or hinders the Promoter's conduct of the Competition or the Promoter's ability to deliver the prize to the Prize Winner of the Competition, the Promoter may, in its discretion, cancel the Competition and recommence it at another time under the same conditions or select another winner.
26. The Promoter is not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate information, or for any of the equipment associated with or utilised in this Competition, or for any technical error that may occur in the course of the administration of this Competition. The Promoter assumes no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorised access to or alteration of entries.
27. To the full extent permitted by the law, the Promoter will not be liable for any injury, damages, expenses, or loss whatsoever (whether direct or consequential) to persons or property as a result of any person entering into the Competition or accepting or using any prize, including without limitation non-receipt of any prize or damage to any prize in transit and the Prize Winner's failure to comply with any third party the terms and conditions (if any).