Find out what emergencies might happen in your area, where you might go if you weren't able to go home and how to get information and help in an emergency.
Step 1 will give you and your household the confidence to remain calm during an emergency because you will already have:
- identified potential hazards in your area
- a good knowledge about the emergency management plans for your area
- been proactive about extreme weather or fire warnings and know where to get information about an emergency
- thought about where you might shelter
- identified where to get assistance in an emergency.
Go to Step 2