The Red Cross Red Crescent Movement is the world's most trusted and respected humanitarian organisation. Our reach crosses borders, ideologies, politics and oceans, in peacetime, states of emergency and in armed conflict situations.
Your gift can help build a more humane world.
You may know Red Cross for distributing relief supplies; protecting civilians and the wounded in battle; supporting health infrastructure; monitoring detention conditions of prisoners of war or immigration detainees; reuniting family members separated by conflict, war or disasters; and providing support everyday to communities across Australia and our region.
But through our humanitarian diplomacy work, we also leverage our unique relationships with States, bilateral and multilateral partners and the community to illuminate or seek resolution on humanitarian issues of global significance.
We are currently campaigning to:
- ban the use of nuclear weapons under international law
- improve safety for health-care facilities and personnel in danger zones (in war and conflict situations)
- limit the widespread availability and misuse of small arms in situations where they have a deadly impact due to the escalation of violence.
You can become a Red Cross Champion for Humanity from $200 a year.
As a Red Cross Champion for Humanity you will help Red Cross:
- promote international humanitarian law (IHL) within Australia, the region and contribute to broader international conversations about the role and application of IHL
- ensure Red Cross Humanitarian Observers monitor the humanitarian conditions of detainees in all Australian immigration detention facilities
- reconnect families torn apart by war, conflict or disasters
- promote key Red Cross advocacy initiatives including campaigns to ban nuclear weapons, promote health care in danger zones, and limit the trade and availability of small arms.
By promoting our values and unique mandate you'll ensure we're able to leverage our unique relationships with States, bilateral and multilateral partners and the community to illuminate or seek resolution on humanitarian issues of global significance.
As a Champion for Humanity you will receive:
- quarterly written briefings by Dr Helen Durham and other key frontline Red Cross personnel on treaty negotiations, critical issues in IHL and international events and meetings
- copies of the bi-annual IHL Magazine
- invitations to Red Cross events
- the satisfaction of knowing you are part of a global movement of people working towards a more humane world through practical care and compassion.